Current Job Opening: as of 4.2.21
Job Title: Taproom Ambassador
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Reports To: Taproom Manager
As a key part of our business, our tap room often provides craft beer enthusiasts the first experience of our brewery and beers. And to ensure this first customer experience is a positive one, we are dedicated to providing the best possible service and hospitality to ensure our guests are made to feel welcome in a fun and relaxing environment.
The taproom ambassador is the first brewery representative that our guests meet. Therefore it is imperative that our staff be approachable, friendly and knowledgeable. You are not only representing our brand, but our entire crew and company. You have to like being around people and you have to be dedicated to providing excellent service!
We need teammates who will go the extra mile in both ability and desire. More than a front of house employee, we are looking for a trusting team member that can contribute to our long term success. From helping to select merchandise and working on company events, we are looking for a dynamic person that is interested in continually transforming our brewery to be the best it can be!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service
- Maintain a safe and healthy taproom environment for co-workers and guests
- Contribute to building a continually improved taproom experience
- Help to creatively conceptualize taproom events
- Suggest improvements to the taproom aesthetic and atmosphere
- Identify service flow inconsistencies and inefficiencies
- Be a communicative teammate; be able to share and receive constructive feedback
- Identify gaps in knowledge of beer and brewing and work to fill those gaps by asking questions and taking advantage of educational offerings - afforded to all staff members
- Be available to regularly work a minimum of three scheduled shifts per week and display a willingness to cover shifts when needed and able
- Be willing to acquire all applicable certifications such as but not limited to TIPS training & Cicerone Certified Beer Server
- During down time; ensure all delegated tasks are completed
Skill and Knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of and a passion for craft beer and the brewing industry
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Basic math skills and ability to use a POS system (Square)
- At least two years of experience as a waiter or server
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Communicate effectively with customers, management and co-workers
- Remain calm under pressure or when dealing with disgruntled customers
- Be a strong and trusting team player
- Maintain relationships with outside groups and vendors
- Basic problem solving skills
- Uses independent action in setting objectives and deciding how to proceed
- Duties are given in the form of broad goals or areas of responsibility
- Stay busy through slow periods (Always something to clean)
- Use Slack to communicate and update other employees
Hours, Travel and Physical Requirements:
- Work weekends, evenings, holidays and events (local and regional)
- Work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Request time off Two weeks in advance.
- Frequently lift up to 60 pounds
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.